Monday, May 22, 2006

Pocari Madness

It had been 6 weeks since I last used Pocari.

I thought it was over. I thought I had made it through. But the sight of that blue bottle with the white label was all it took. What is Pocari Sweat you ask? Ask the Japanese scientests at Otsuka Pharmaceutical and they'll tell you that it's an "Ion Supply Drink." But anyone who has ever sipped this nectar can tell you the truth.

With the Hong Kong sun beating down on you, when you're sweating and your body needs hydration, there's only one answer. Sure in the States there's Gatorade, Powerade, Kool-Aid, etc., but in Asia there is only Pocari. With a light melon flavor, there is no better way to quench your thirst and replace body fluids. And once you have tried it...

I couldn't resist. Without thinking, I reached into my wallet and handed the clerk some money. I once again had my hand on some Pocari. What happened next, I'm not really sure. My memory is kind of foggy. All I know is that when I woke up, I could only think of one thing.

I must... get...... more.............. Pocari.........................


No comments: